Stormrider!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Get things done in 2016 – or Not












Who am I to tell you how to get things done?  I mean really, have you seen all those articles? How to organize your year. How to succeed in 2016. How to write what you don’t want to write.



Is that the way to start a year? Well, maybe, depending on you.  It’s up to you to determine how to get things done, get yourself a plan…or not… and have at it. And it’s up to you to decide whether you want to get wrapped up on all those “whoopee it’s a new year” articles on how to launch into said new year…or not.



Really and truly it gets to be a bit much getting slammed with all this stuff each year. Every year.  It’s as if writers, instructors, whoever, in grasping for ideas to keep that content filled, keep coming up with the same thing year after year. Yep, look, even I’m doing it! It’s hard not to get sucked into the maw.



But I guess I’m in complaining mode because in the same vein I’m also sick of all those ‘old year’, ‘new year’ – old geezer and new baby cartoons.  Enough is enough already. Let’s cultivate a little imagination and get on another track.  I highly recommend putting on blinders and ignoring it all. Including me. Go away, stop reading. Go do something you want to be doing. Oh, wait, maybe this is it. Okay, read on.



Here’s the thing. New Year is either a big deal or just another day. A fresh beginning, or the continuation of what you’ve been doing. Either way it’s good. Don’t let all the hoo-ha get to you. Sometimes we stress out over that stuff and very simply, we shouldn’t.



So I’m offering simple advice. Keep on doing what you’re doing – or change direction – but do it because it’s a decision you’ve made, not because you’ve made some kind of required ‘resolution’. Take it or leave it. Up to you.

http://amzn.to/1PdB9zh

Personally I'm getting back to work on Planet Of The Eggs - the Comic Series I write and create with partner Charlene Brash-Sorensen. It's more fun than getting twisted up in the New Year thing.



Oh, and I promise I won’t write about this again next year. Happy 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts Of Interest:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...